Thinking to get started in Resin?
What is Epoxy Resin?
What is Epoxy resin?
Epoxy is a two - part adhesive. It consists of a resin ( Part A ) and a hardener ( Part B ).
When these are combined in the appropriate ratio ( 1:1 , 3:1 etc ), they will completely cure and harden over the next 48 - 72 hours.
Once epoxy resin is mixed, it can be used in a variety of ways which makes epoxy resin so versatile.
Differences between our 3:1 and 1:1 resin?
Casting and Coating resin. Great for resin jewellery, moulds, coating artwork and acrylic pour paintings. The 1:1 mixing ratio makes the process simple.
A fast curing coating and casting resin. Great for art, craft, jewellery making, moulds, embedding and encapsulation.
A great all-rounder resin.
* More detailed information available on their respective product pages.
How to use?
1. Collect and prepare necessary tools
- Moulds or surface items to be coated
- Resin liquid ( Epoxy + Hardener )
- Pigments and additions ( ie. glitter )
- Resin mixing cups & Stir sticks
- Weight Scale
- Heat gun ( Warm water, Electric Warm Coaster etc ) to make bubble free
- A level work surface
- Safety gears ( Disposal gloves, Safety glasses, Respirator mask )
- Drop cloth
- Cleaning tools ( Wipes, Tissues, Rubbish bin etc )
- Well ventilated work area
2. Mix part A + B together according to the bottle ratio ( Either 3:1 or 1:1 ) by volume and Stir for 3-5 minutes straight and make sure to scrape the sides of the mixing cup regularly during mixing.
3. Pour the resin where desired and add pigments, glitter, flowers etc as per your design.
4. A heat-gun can be used to removed bubbles if needed.
5. Let the project harden, Resin will be fully cured in 48- 72 hrs.
Should I use Epoxy Resin or UV resin?
UV Resin differs to epoxy resin by being a one - part resin. It is ready to go, right out of the bottle. It comes in thick and thin types and will harden only with a UV light source. UV resin cures quickly, within less than 10 min and working time is indefinate until a UV lamp or LED is introduced.
UV resin is best suited for small jewellery projects & shallow moulds as thicker pieces can have hard time curing properly.
Epoxy resin requires the two parts to be mixed together before it can be used.
It will take at least 48 - 72 hours to completely cure and harden.
The hardness of cured epoxy resin is higher than that of UV resin.
Epoxy resin is great for coating larger works and casting deeper moulds.
The finish is clear and can be sanded and polished after curing completely.
Depending on the type of work / art / project you wish to undertake, UV resin and Epoxy resin will allow you to create beautiful and high quality finished works.
Crystal Clear Resin
Coating, Craft Casting, Jewellery and more
A pourable, self-leveling, two-part resin system that is definitely a must for artists, craftsperson and DIY hobbyists. You can use this to add a protective and glossy touch to your artwork, without compromising on quality or safety.
Made with high quality ingredients, with a self-leveling formula and optimal texture, this art resin is ideal for paintings, pictures, woodwork, jewellery and much more! Formulated for artists and DIY craftsmen.
Explore our Epoxy resin range and learn about its' use, properties and which is right for you.